View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:55 PM
dminfla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Acceleration/Throttle Stuck

Hey everyone:

I was hoping for a little assistance. I recently bought a 2008 Challenger, love the car, have to keep checking the garage to make sure it's still there, etc., but I had a somewhat unpleasant experience the other day. I was turning on to a major road from my development, just easing into traffic (and thank God none was present at the time), and as I passed the median area, car would not accelerate. Fortunately I was in the middle of the six lanes in the turn area and there were no cars coming. It didn't matter what I did to the pedal, the car just idled. After what seemed like several hours, but was probably more like 5-10 seconds, the car suddenly revved up and took off: not smoking the tires or anything, but more like "oh, sorry about that nap, I guess it's time to go..." I don't remember if I had the stability control on or off, if that would make a difference. I've combed numerous forums to see if anyone else had a similar problem. I'm hoping that it won't be a recurring problem, as I'd hate to see this car turn into an issue, but, unfortunately, another occurence in oncoming traffic might be a final failure.

Any help I can get on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!