View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 AM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dead Acceleration/Throttle Stuck

ORIGINAL: Justinec101

Well now BKchallenger has just said he had the same problem............
And it was quite cold in KY with a storm moving up the coast that day. I'm sure cold/high idle had something to do with it. My 6 speed is sluggish shifting when it's cold. That's the nature of the beast - ALL manuals.
I have no diagnostics to look at. STILL - 5 out of over 15,000 cars (with more being built every day) is a very low incidence - reported or not. And I'm sure there are other relatively isolated incidents of unrelated problems that go unnoticed or unmentioned on the forums. The same could be said about ANY car in ANY production run / year.
NO car is perfect. Some are just closer than others. And considering this car is still less than a year old, I'd say it has a VERY good record (aside from the roughly 5% of manuals that suffered from the #7 cylinder misfire - which has been addressed and fixed).

If you wait until No-one has Anything negative to say about the car, you can forget buying Any car at Any time in the future. There's always a reason Not to do something - if you look hard enough. That's why some people never get married.
But you're probably right. You'd be the owner of that one-in-three-thousand cars that has the specific problem you're worried about. So don't buy one! If enough people do the same thing, Dodge won't be around when you finally decide to tempt fate and put your cash down on a Challenger. You'll surely be safe..........unless another car developes the same problem and incidence rate......and you happen to buy one of those!
[]