Old 09-25-2006, 09:33 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muscle mania with smoking tires, baby boomers are driving demand for muscle cars

ORIGINAL: awsure

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

This is why they are bringing back muscle cars in the current line-up. The Boomers want to relive their youth with Muscle cars and many would be just as happy if not happier paying less for a overall better quality car.
I really wonder if the boomer demographic will wind up representing the largest segment of buyers. I am 38 and can't remember the Challenger as I was a toddler when they were running around. I love this car and yet I posses no appreciation for the history of the Challenger. I just think it is an awesome looking car and (for me anyway) captures the excitement of feeling something powerful on the road. I think a lot of folks my age (getting their mid life crisis fix) will buy this car or another pony car like the Mustang or Camaro.
Well, they will certainly probably buy the V-8 version for sure, there will be many other younger groups that will buy it just like they have the Mustang but they have been buying most V-6 engines probably because of insurance, car cost, and gasoline prices.

Regarding the mid life crisis......to me that is something that older people do in trying to relive and recapture their youth. While I am part of that age group..........for me I just like cars and it has nothing to do with mid life crisis. One side benefit is I can afford it a whole lot easier than I could 20 years ago.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.