Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
mot250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still have my puny 3 valve 4.6L Mustang GT (2006). I still feel the stock Mustang (2005 through 2009) is quicker than my stock R/T but I won't know for sure until I run my R/T at the local 1320 this spring and compare my stock R/T's timeslips against my slips from when my GT was stock. I've had a stock GT convertible pull on me in the R/T on the streets from a light. Not by much, but enough take the "win".

The weight advantage goes to the Mustang. I also think the stock throttle mapping and tune is better on the Mustang.

The 5.7L Hemi, being larger, should have more potential down the line with mods, however...

After a few runs in stock configuration, first to go on will be a CAI and tune. Then, hopefully, my stories will change.

Originally Posted by BkChallenger09R/T
????????????? I haven't seen a 4.6 Mustang that I've had a problem with . Haven't had anything that was a real threat challenge me yet. At age 60 I have slowed down . I've got alot of friend's that I have known for over 35 years . Many of them have and still hold national record's . We all BS a few time's a week at a local muffler shop that a Chevy racer run's . So far I've seen nothing but respect from them about the Challenger R/T . And they have looked it over good . It's not a SRT but for the weight it run's good I think . I wish they had put the forged part's in the engine though . One of the guy's that comes to the shop has a 08 Mustang GT . He only has 1200 miles on it in a year. But has changed the rear gears to 3.55 and pos with it I think . And changed the exhaust a few time's also . He has said he wished the Challenger R/T was out when he purchased the Mustang GT stick . He would be driving a Mopar now . I learned a long time ago you can alway's come up against something faster . I'm happy with it for now. I could of had a new 08 Roush 427 model Mustang a year ago. But decided to wait for the R/T. Glad I did.