Old 03-12-2009, 06:35 PM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Street or track

You never know what you are running or how good or bad a driver they are. I ran a 4.6 GT in the 1/4 last Sat. I had no traction to 4th gear. Or did anything on street tire's that day. The Mustang just ran away from me on top end . By several car length's all of a sudden . I later got a look under his hood. He had NOS and mod's. The Challenger is heavy. With me it weighted in at 4352 at the end of the day. I love it . But don't think it is a steet fighter now. Or stock anyway with the 5.7 Hemi. My Mopar Club is going to a local 1/8th mile track on the 21st. Maybe I'll give it another try. Maybe I shouldn't judge the car yet. I think my first run's back in 73 with a Buick GS Stage 1 Skylark with 455 . Where in the high 14's with lot of wheel spin . It weighted around 4200 lb with me in it . I got it down to 8 sec. flat in 1/8 and ran a 13.03 spinning a little with 9 inch slick's in the 1/4 mile , gears and legal stock NHRA 315 hp 455 . And still street driven. So I will leave judgement till I get some traction and a good run. I know I'm not very good with stick at the track.

Last edited by KyChallengerR/T6spd; 03-12-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: wording