Thread: CAMARO ?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:19 AM
kevin2323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lear4406
Please explain "fanboy". And if I keep them off this forum am I doing my civic duty? I will wait and see what the results are. Theres a little more to it than weight and HP. Gear ratio and suspension.. tires and coditions to name a few. Less weight by 250 lbs and 425 is not the base Camaro HP rating. Not surprisingly, the V8-equipped Camaro SS delivers better numbers across the board. Chevy's Camaro SS outfitted with the 422-hp 6.2-liter LS3 V8 six-speed manual hits 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and runs a 13.4-second quarter-mile at 108 mph according to Oppenheiser. Strangely enough, Oppenheiser also claims that the automatic-equipped SS Camaro, which is rated at 400 hp, runs from zero to 60 mph in just 4.6 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds. "We optimized the shift points," he said So this is where I say facts. SRT-8 Challenger was brought into the fray and with times likes this its a drivers race. 6.2 and they get 422 HP. Dodge has 6.1 and they get 425. 5.7 under rated at 376... more like 390 HP. So I guess those fanboys should chime in and remind you to wait... and see what the facts will be. I'm 50 years old and it seems the same old thing just with newer people. I lived the muscle car years and I know what the mags say. But on the street... we'll see.
it wasnt sarcasm , it was a compliment to you. It does keep people that blurt out random crap off the forum.

also i wasnt using the mags as a fact...I never trust magazines....ever