Thread: CAMARO ?
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:23 AM
gotmuscle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw the new Camaro up close and personal this past weekend

I was at the local Richmond, Va, Motor Trend Auto Show this past weekend and got to see and sit in a new red Camaro. The Camaro is considerably smaller than the Challenger, and doesn't look nearly as aggressive. The rear seat is virtually unusable and you would be challenged (no pun intended) to get a set of golf clubs in the trunk. Dodge definitely has done a better job of incorporating the "retro styling" than Chevy. My first car, which I still own, happens to be a 1968 Camaro convertible in Matador Red, so I was very interested in the "new" Camaro. In fact, the first thing my wife and daughters asked when I told them I was looking at the Challenger was, "but don't you want to wait and see what the new Camaro looks like". The new Camaro is certainly light years ahead of what Chevy did to it in the 90's, but I think they may have slightly missed the missed mark, here. And I must say that after seeing the Camaro in person I definitely made the correct choice when I bought my SRT8 last fall.

Also got to see the new 2010 Mustang GT and although I like what Ford has done with the roof line and "bump ups" on the rear quarter panels, they completely screwed up the rear end.