Old 03-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Riptide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mot250
I've seen a few of those run like that locally. But they typically are driven by some kid probably 100 pounds lighter than my lard-butt and probaly have complete custom dyno tunes rather than a more off-the-shelf mail order tune.
Could be. I know a friend of mine ran a DA adjusted 13.3 with just a canned 91 tune from brenspeed and a Steeda intake. Stock car otherwise. That was his first time out. Not to bad I thought. Auto tranny though.
Turns out that I now need to shift into 4th gear in order to avoid the rev limiter (6700) just before going across the finish line
Have you thought about maybe trying a slightly taller tire? Not sure what you're running right now. Might just need either a bit more power or a taller tire to change things up enough that you aren't doing this right at the end of the line.
Leading to my conjecture that all of these cars are too close and could end up being a driver's race.
I honestly agree 100%. Especially when comparing an R/T to a GT. It's the R/T's race to lose but it's close enough that it could easily happen depending on driver mods. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Part of what makes things fun is when they are close!