View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel was ok

Originally Posted by Montmartre
Did you get a new wheel to go with the tire? What did it run you?
The wheel was ok . I was lucky . The bolt which was 3 and 3/4 inch's long . Went in at a angle . And I was able to get off the road and stopped with the tire still aired up . The bolt was at the 10 oclock position when I got stopped . So when it did go flat completely the bolt wasn't pushing into the rim. I ended up buying the replacement tire through a Good Year Store. Total cost was $168.00 . They owe me $3.25 back as they charged for a new value stem. The TPMS was fine . Not a big deal . And the think it was about that much that was charged for getting rid of the damaged tire. I went with the Good Year store over waiting for Tire Rack . The cost was only $5.00 more . Shipping from Tire Rack would have been a total with the tire and all of $131.00 . Good Year cost for the tire alone was $136.00 plus tax . And if I have a problem with the tire. They can't say you didn't get it from us. Didn't think UPS would have gotten it here before the weekend . Haven't looked for a extra factory rim yet. Haven't decided for sure what I'm going to do. May check the junk yard for a good deal on the mini spare and jack first. Depend's on my money budget what I do for full size rim's.

Last edited by KyChallengerR/T6spd; 03-17-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: wording