Thread: Classic movie
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will have to see if I can find it .

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
They did make a movie about Richard Petty back in 1974 called "43-The Petty Story". It stared Richard Petty (playing himself...talk about type casting), Darren McGavin and Noah Berry Jr. Tells the story of how Richard got started in stock car racing. Not the best car movie ever filmed...but not the worst by a long shot. If you are a Richard Petty fan, it's worth the search.....
I followed NASCAR when I was young . Fireball Roberts and many others. Didn't have favorire Car . But guess the Mopar's and the raw power the Hemi had did have a effect on me. Since the first nice car I purchased was a year old same as new 66 Plymouth Belvedere two dr Hard top with bench seat 4 speed and 361 engine. But the guy I was in the NCO school who lived next to Petty and was good friend's with all the family told me some wild stories. And believe most where true . Bruce my friend had new 69 Yellow Road Runner. And I got to drive it. posting a picture took of my Plymouth that my brother took and sent to me while in Nam . I don't have any of it .
Attached Images