Thread: Wrecked R/T
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 01:00 PM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It only takes seconds for a accident

As one who had a new 71 Challenger R/T automatic with 340 . I nailed the throttle and it wouldn't back off. Went into a curve fighting the car. If you turned the key off it locked the steering . I lost control when the car shifted and left the road . Went though a yard with a fence post at the walk way. It split my driver side fender into and the front wheel pushed to the door . It went out into a field before it stopped. I later learned they had a recall of some throttle cable's being too long and mine was one of them . But I had sold the car after it was fixed before I learned that. My 09 R/T 6 speed throttle stuck at 1500 a month or so ago backing out of the drive way . And when I hit the throttle with clutch in . The RPM stayed at 2500 till I turned the engine off and restarted . Hasn't done it again. But I had talk with the dealer . Said they hadn't had any problem's with it . I can see a 85 year old woman not being able to think what to do no better than I did with 71 R/T . It is sad.