View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My thought's on Motor Trend test

Haven't got the magazine yet. But did find it on the computer . Maybe Dodge should read the story . Sort of like comparing Apples and Oranges . Since the Camaro has a 6.2 engine . Think that is right. Should have gotten a base SRT if they could find one. The Challenger is heavy . But I didn't buy it to race when I got my Black R/T 6 speed with 20 inch wheel's . And I'm very happy with it . Wonder what the gas mileage is on that big Chevy engine. I average 20 to 21 and a best of 26.78 so far. And a guy in our Mopar club who just got a new SRT 8 with 6 speed got 21 average on a trip right after getting it . I noticed also the Challenger had 18 inch wheel's . Don't know if the extra rubber with 20's would have helped or not in the handling or braking . But has to be more rubber on the ground. And the Good Year RSA are for sure not the equal to the Good Year F 1 on the SRT . I'm happy so if the Chevy people are happy . I can live with that. The War has begun. Let's see what Dodge has for the next round in 2010. Chevy has the advandage of under cutting the price and other improvment's over the Challenger and Mustang by coming int the game last. Maybe a light weight Challenger like the Z O6 Corvette . VVT 6.1 with up grades for 2010.

Last edited by KyChallengerR/T6spd; 03-24-2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: wording