View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
KyChallengerR/T6spd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gearing ?

Originally Posted by roadagent
Yea I don't think since the SS is the top of the line for Camaro it's right to compare with R/T,but it's still gonna beat a stock model SRT becuase of the lighter(300+ lbs) weight and also the more aggresive gearing.1 horse power wouldn't be the deciding factor it's the 3.45 or 3.47 (I forget which) vs. 3.06.I wonder if they're (GM) gonna limit the top end.
A guy in our Mopar Club just got a new 09 SRT with 6 speed with 3.91 pos in it . Nothing against the Camaro . But I think that would have made a better match up . If price is the winning factor . A cat with turbintine on it's butt would be much cheaper and quicker off the line than the Camaro. When I go to buy a car. I first look at the car I want first . Within my budget of coarse . But will go the extra money for the one I like best. So I don't think the extra cost of the SRT should rule it out . Comparable engine and option's. first . Then if I can afford it . Maybe Dodge should build a Road Runner 6.1 Challenger . And bring the price down. Most SRT on the lot are loaded with everything you can get. Not saying that isn't good if you want it . I had to look to find a R/T the way I wanted it.