Thread: A Few pics
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 01:47 PM
whylee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot has gone on in the past 2 weeks. First off I will say it looks and sounds great, but it went downhill from there. First off, this thing vents alot of oil mist from the supercharger vent. Enough to leave a small quater size puddle whenever the car sits after running.
Then the intercooler inside the blower was leaking coolant into the blower.
I pulled the blower off, and it was a mess. Techco sent me another blower last week.
I had to find some oil for it because it was shipped upside down and all the oil leaked out in shipping. Got it all installed, it runs fine but still vents oil out of the vent.
I am just counting on the fact that once the oil reachs a certain level it will stop venting.
I am monitoring the intercooler coolant level because now I am nervous that it will start leaking again.
I would like to see a new pressure venting set up for the supercharger using a type of catch can. I also think that there needs to be a pressure venting setup put on the intercooler. I just cannot help but wonder if the intercooler coolant is getting hot and it cannot expand because it is a closed system.