View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger and Viper at the car wash

Well yesterday was just another Friday afternoon to get my Dodge minivan washed to beat the late Friday crowd and lo and behold what I saw behind me. A beautiful Charcoal gray Dodge Viper pulled in behind me and a couple of seconds a 6.1L Hemi Orange Challenger was 2 stalls over.
As I am talking to the Viper driver it turns out the Challenger driver owned both cars and was in from Houston to a central Texas Viper car meeting and he wanted his cars to look good before he got there.

I found out later than the reason the Challenger went through the car wash but not the the Viper was because the rear wheels are too wide for the wash track and the car is too low.

He later told me the Challenger had a Vortech supercharger installed by Fastlane in Houston and also had Magnaflows. He also said he had a Paxton supercharger (640 HP to the rear wheel) in his Viper. That while the Viper had a linear smooth acceleration with the supercharger that the Challenger when it hit 3200 rpm it had a major spike in power. He could get 570HP to the rear wheel but backed it down to 540HP since it was his daily driver. The Viper on the other hand was more setup as a track car and was lower to the ground.

He also said that it was because of our website that he got educated about the Challenger. In all for the 25 minutes I was at the car wash (with a drooling look on my face I am sure) I had a great time talking about those cars.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.