View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Capt.Ron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KyChallengerR/T6spd
Not sure about the power. But I did notice the engine rev faster going though the gears in my 6 speed. So I guess it does breaths better.
Cool deal!!!
Well here's an update on my mileage.
I drove home from Lubbock today. I had a 35-45 mph tail wind during the first 100 miles. With that tail wind my mileage on the EVIC showed 24.9 MPH at the highest point. I was traveling south/south east during that time. Then I picked up I-20 east and had a cross wind the rest of the 340 mile drive. I had a slight drop in elevation most of the way and when I got to my home town I ended up with 24.1 showing on the EVIC. I stopped and filled up, the manual calculation showed 23.6 MPH.
Granted the EVIC could be off a little or the way I filled up could have filled the tank slightly more than the last time but we're pretty close.
Anyway I guess I need another long trip with no wind or elevation changes to get another reading but the average from the evic comes out to 22.95. Not what I hoped for but considering I'm driving the 375HP car of my childhood dreams I find that to still be pretty darn good!!!
Especially when you consider that my first car was a used 1970 purple Duster with gray primer patches all over it and a very under powered 225 slant 6 that got 17mpg.
Oh I left out that it only had an AM radio,. well until I did the awesome modification of adding the under dash 8 track tape player. Fortunately for me the only tape I had (Led Zepplin II) lasted me as long as the car did!!

Last edited by Capt.Ron; 05-16-2009 at 01:57 PM.