Thread: FOB Problems
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 03:59 PM
badbrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOB Problems

I have been having a heck of a time with the FOB on my SRT-8 2009 Challenger. For the past two weeks almost every other day every time I get in to my SRT-8 and I try to start the car, I get the message on the dash "FOB" not recognized or not detected. I have tried this with both the original key and the spare key. I have tried waiting twenty minutes and get the same message. The key unlocks the door but I still get the same message. When I try to start the car by removing the push button start mechanism, I get a bad key message. So I have had the dealer come out and start the car and taken it to the dealership TWICE. They have made new keys, tested it, and given it back to me. Today, it did the same thing.

This time, however, i took the cover off the start button, and put the new keys in and the car started.

Interesting twist, I tired REMOTE START, and the car started, but when I got in and tried to push the start button with BOTH keys (brand new from yesterday's repair) in my hand, it told me FOB not recognized. So I had to remove the cover, put the key in and then it let me change gears and drive.

Now, a further twist, when I got home, stopped the car in the garage, put the cover back on the start mechanism and held the key right up to the start button and pushed the start button, the car started right away. But when I put the key in my pocket (there was no metal or credit cards or other objects in my pocket) it said FOB NOT RECOGNIZED.

So something crazy is going on. This will be the fourth time this has happened. I spoke to the dealer who is a member of my Church and he told me that there must be something odd going on because they have had one other car (SRT-8) with this problem. So I am going to bring it back in on Monday. Has anyone else heard of this weird problem?