View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
chuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy About to cancel my order

I ordered an R/T three months ago. The car has been built, left the factory and is at a holding facility. A truck is on it's way to load the car and then depart for the dealer. It should arrive in the next few days. Sadly, my excitement has been crushed. Here's the situation:
There were three incentives at the time:
1-Employee Pricing
2-Auto show rebate ($500)
3-O% financing with $1000 bonus cash
The dealer told me today the first two items are "Sold Order Protected" but the third is not due to bankruptcy and Chrysler Financial no longer exists. I wanted to pay in full, but ironically they didn't want you to if you wanted the $1000 off. The only way to pay in full and get the discount would be to pay through a credit union, which I don't have.
I'm not someone to pay one penny above the price agreed upon. I will be calling and emailing Chrysler telling them they are in no position to screw over customers at a time like this, especially over $1000 for preexisting order agreements while they struggle with a multi-billion debt. They should cherish their customers and do everything to keep them, not piss them off and alienate them. I'll offer to pay in full if they honor the $1000 bucks and see if they want a sale or to be stuck with another car on the lot having to find a new customer. I guess I'll have to look for another car if they want to be stubborn jerks.