View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little update to this for everyone. I went to another "grand reveal" just last night, hey they have free food there lol, and more shocking things happened. When I pulled in, I had one fo the salesmen come up to me and ask if I could pull around to the other side. This is where they were having a "show" area if you will just outside where some 90s Camaro's were parked, a 67 Camaro and now me. This kind of blew me away since I was the competition and didn't expect it. Had some people that were there for the unveiling a little upset also because they thought that I had raided their party. They cooled down once I told them that I was asked to bring it over.

Well, there was also a girl there that was just totally crazy about the Challenger. Talk about funny stuff, especially since her family had brought in the 90s Camaros. Boy was that great. The night just got better from that point as someone else with an SRT8 was asked to bring it around and park it for a little while. Then someone with an around 71 Camaro came pulling in. Now that was a Camaro, pretty much everything stock. That was nice to see. The 67 was nice, but it wasn't stock like this one.

To top everything off, the final car to come in, while I was there anyway and I'm sure the final one since it was cold, windy and getting ready to rain, was a replica 66 Shelby Cobra 427. Boy was that a nice way to end the night.

Though the cars weren't in the same class, we once again had Ford, Chevy and Dodge muscle all together like the good old days. Like a lot of people do care, in my case I care didn't which was faster, who can beat who or who looks better, it was just nice to see the big three together once again. Who knows when this will no longer happen and it will only be something you can tell your kids or grandkids about.