View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Axel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was quite shocked in the testing that Motor Trend has done between the three of these cars. Numbers wise, 0-100 and all points in between, the R/T faired a lot better then I thought it would. I figured the SS would blow it out of the water, but for the most part it kept up. R/T had the lead from 0-30, but then things start separating there. It does keep up with the GT though, lagging behind by only a .- of a second. Keeping with the SS, doesn't do to bad until 0-60 mark I believe it was. Sorry, I don't have the magazine in front of me.

It may not sound impressive with the hp this car has, but for something that out weighs both of these cars by 300+ lbs, and with the SS having 50 more hp then the R/T, I think it's pretty impressive. Breaking, the R/T of courise did terrible compared to the others, 30+ feet more then the other two. (note, GT that was tested had the track pack, as did of course the R/T as they were all manual transmissions.) Skid pad was pretty bad to, but both of these can be handed to the overall weight of this beast. Had they made it small and no back seats like the other two, up to 3 inches more then the other two, it could have had more of a chance. Guess they should have build it off of the Caliber or Avenger platforms. Nah.

Overall I was quite impressed considering the SS is suppose to have such a big step up on the R/T and the GT and it didn't seem to be the case, at least not as much as I expected.