Old 10-04-2006, 12:23 AM
bored out

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why the 6.1L Challenger could be faster than the GT500

Good insight bro and I would agree with you that the Challenger should be quicker than the gt500 off the line. I agree that with such a steady hp/torque powerband in the 6.1 hemi, it is clear why the Challenger should be a bullet of the line. Super/turbo charged vehicles take time to get the boost up for added performance and can even sap an engine at low rpms. I would bet that when the supercharged mustang gets up to speed it will pass the 6.1 ltr Challenger because of its higher horsepower and supercharged capabilities.

In a quarter mile race the GC would have initially won off the line due to its 0-60 time compared to the gt500 but the mustang would have caught up and passed the GC before the quarter mile finish and would be pulling away because it would hit the finish line at 8 mph faster than the GC.

x-factor - Now remove 1,000 lbs., include an air intake butterfly system, put the 6.1 hemi in a low-riding retro Challenger and give it a manual tranny. Common sense tells us that this vehicle will be faster than the GC and improve on the pink slip stealing, track beating that the gt500 would receive. I would not be surprised if the Challenger is tested and runs an amazing 4.3 or 4.4 at 0-60.

Who cares what happen at 110 anyway. On the street, at a red light 0-60 is plenty fast enough to show mustang owners who the new sheriff in town is and will keep your drivers licence where it belongs, in your wallet.