Thread: Killer deals
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been told by someone close to a dealer that after they are no longer a Franchised Dodge Dealer, that technically they have to sell whatever stock they own as “used cars”. The reason being that the dealer then becomes the first owner of the vehicle and therefore when they sell it…it is a resell because the vehicle has been technically already sold once…to the dealer. Not sure how true this is, but could be a good thing for those looking for a better deal on a “new” Dodge. However, there is also a down side to this as the dealer will be unable to offer any factory incentives and or rebates since they are no longer franchised by Chrysler. Either way, I don’t see dealers “giving-away” any new vehicles, but they may be more willing to talk a deal so that they are not left holding a large inventory of unsold vehicles…vehicles that they will have to pay taxes on if left unsold.
I still personally believe that it’s unfair to force the closure of dealers that are performing, which is exactly what is happening. If there are indeed to many dealers in a location….then the market should be aloud to thin them out….NOT the Government!