Thread: FOB Problems
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 AM
badbrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after 4 visits to the dealer, and keeping the car there, a week, we finally got the problem fixed I THINK! They had to keep the car three times. The solution was to order a whole new assembly for the ignition and the computer that starts the car BUT THEN the keys wouldn't recognize the new computer or the computer wouldn't recognize the keys. So they had to order new keys. But then they couldn't figure out how to get the two to talk to each other so they spent a whole day on the phone with Chrysler trying to figure it out. This led to a reprogramming of the car's electronics. I picked the car up last night and it seems to start OK and run OK but NOW I am having a bit of a problem with the CD Player/Entertainment system in that when I insert a new CD Disk it doesn't say "COPY" immediately like it should so that I can store CDs on the Hard Drive. Instead it goes into a play mode only. But then the next time, it will say COPY and copy to the hard drive as it normally should. It has never done this before. I will see what happens 'down the road' but they told me that the re-programming they did would not have affected the electronics in the entertainment system. Oh well!