Thread: Eco + Muscle
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 PM
MrKrisSullivan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I agree But...

You can argue that Hybrids only appeal to the hardcore enviromentilists, just the same as our Gasoline V-8's do to "Us"... That's obvious though, just as some like the Camaro for X and others like the Challenger for Y...
Yes, I understand the "image" of the Hybrid vehicle, but if were just talking "image" that's merely face value... Nothing to do with actual facts "image" is an opinion, right? It only means something to the...Lets say Be-holder? Were on the brink of making fast pretty Hybrids and the Circuit is just the tip of the iceberg, if you can follow me...
Yes, I understand what pony and muscle-cars are in spirit of course I wouldn't be here if I didn't truly know where your coming from. To make a counter point though one could argue that Hybrids definitely don't "conform" to society they are cutting edge to the highest degree...
I'm not sure if Hybrids do or don't get the fuel economy they are rated but I'd have to assume they do or were just being lied to.
I'm familiar to the Boiling frog model... The frog doesn't recognize the change in environment and then poof... no more Kermit...
"To me, they are trying to destroy our capability to own cars like these by implementing technology that will make them unaffordable and less desirable"
Honestly I don't think they are trying to do this... I honestly think there looking out for us so we CAN have our cars but with less trips to the Gas station, thus less trips over seas, and conclusively an independent economy that doesn't need foreign oil.
Also to say the above quote... could be used to say maybe I feel the same way you do about Gasoline as too DVD's... One could say they tried and succeeded in destroying our capability to own Video Cassettes, by producing newer technology that in turn has Video Cassettes becoming obsolete...???... Or the same could be said about DVD's to Blu-Ray players right?...
The Circuit is just a warm up... I think we'll see cars from all over the spectrum with Hybrids in them(I don't think this is a bad thing)... The only thing I can understand about this conflict over Hybrids is the Bragging rights... We just don't know how to compare our hybrids yet... I.E. LS1's and 2's to 5.7 and 6.1 Hemis... I feel it's a fear of the unknown so to speak...