Thread: R/T vs GTO 6.0
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
mot250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did get to the strip with my R/T but it was a horrible day/evening for racing...90+ degree heat with high humidity and terrible barometric pressure. The DA was near 3000. So my best run was a 14.6 which corrects to a 14.1 if you take into consideration the weather conditions. Everyone atthe track was complaining about their cars being "off" that evening.

Traction was also an issue. I've recorded 0 to 60 mph times on the car's in-dash 0 - 60 timer with a 5.06 as a "best run" on the street and I can usually average 5.5 seconds on the street. But that night at the track I was lucky to get down to a 6.6 second run 0 to 60 mph on the same in-dash timer.

My comments about the 5.7 GTO vs 5.7 R/T were based on my experiences with 5.7 GTOs against my 4.6 Mustang GT and, at least to me, my Mustang GT still seems quicker from a stand still that my R/T. I could just keep ahead of most 5.7 GTOs in my Mustang (both as stock to stock early on and later against 5.7 GTOs with similar mods to myself). In stock form, I managed a best of 13.6 in my Mustang. With my current mods to my Mustang, I'm down to 13.2 on street tires.

And, certainly, the R/Ts should surely benifit from a new tune and better breathing. I hate how choked the stock tune makes my R/T feel. But as I can only afford to continually upgrade one car, the R/T will remain stock for now.

Last edited by mot250; 07-08-2009 at 10:08 AM.