Old 10-05-2006, 09:56 PM
BootCamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why the 6.1L Challenger could be faster than the GT500

So your theory about why the GT500 is slower is that it is because of it having a live rear axle?
That wasn't my theory, Bud. That was something I pointed out about running "twisties", or road courses. Not everyone runs straight line races.

I wish I could remember where the review was that I referred to above about the GT500's performance ("....all of the ponies not running in the same direction").
As for drag racing, I agree, the live rear axle (as opposed to independant 4 wheel suspension provides for a more solid launch.
But, DCX hasn't announced what tranny package they'll offer in the Challenger (or even verified which motor will definitely go in it, for that fact). We could end up with a 6-speed manual transmission that has gearing for great acceleration, as well as a tall top gear for fuel mileage/top speed.
They've been very quiet for three months now. I wish they'd release some concrete & verifiable details on which direction(s) they're going with the Challenger's drivetrain and production numbers.
[X(]