View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 05:29 PM
onebadss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read all the posts and there are alot of true statements here. Now this is just my take on things. Chrysler is just screwing the very people whose money kept them here. The taxpayers who are also are car buyers saved there butts and this is the thanks we get. Look at all the dealers that lost there businesses. Now with this poor business decision more dealers are heading down that same road. The only reason that they are hard to get is because they are making them so slowly. You ask why. Well it's because no vender wants to give them tons of parts on credit. They see the same thing we do and that is it's too overpriced now and they want to make it cost more. Thats a chance they are having a hard time accepting. Next the factory is building cars that are ordered because they are considered a sold car, but ones for inventory are not important enough to build. They don't have the money to spend on unordered cars. There is no real demand just a lack of product. I don't have anything for sale in my front yard. It's not because my stuff is so in demand, but I have nothing to sell. When i spoke to a Dodge dealer and he started his BS about how high the demand is and they can't even get them I just say cut the BS and tell them to tell the truth and blow smoke up someone elses behind. Dodge dealers are just becoming too greedy and seem to have forgoten how to sell cars. When you take the holdback money and the $3100-$3400 profit from the difference between MSRP and invoice they have a margin of around $4500-$4900 to work with. I ahve seen dealer just the other day who think that someone will still pay$5000 over MSRP for a srt. That's not going to happen right now with money being so tight and jobs being so few and far between. It's a nice car,but it's not a one of a kind gotta have one and I'm willing to pay whatever to have one kind of car. Chrysler really needs to take a step back and look at Ford and Chevy. Ford was struggling, but are making the right decisions to keep going without government help. Then there is Chevy. They needed money, but they are making a car that will perform in the same class as the Challenger, but for $10,000 less. That's good business sence. People say they are everywhere and a dime a dozen. I haven't seen very many, but they are selling alot of them. If I was able to make something that everyone would buy I would do it. Bottom line Chevy is making money and Chrysler isn't. Lower your price and they will buy. Make more and they will buy. Sell cars and make money. Make a few, overcharge and make a little money, but make more and charge a fair price and make alot of money. This isn't rocket science. Okay I'm done. Like I said this is my opinion and in no way do I think my opinion is any better than someone elses. Thanks for letting me ramble.