Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 PM
drelliotg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a religious experience has befallen me....

It has been some 5 days, 8 hours, 43 minutes, and some seconds since I have been delivered from the darkness of my prior driving life. It was a warm autumn day, the morning of November 7 when my 2010 inferno red challenger se was delivered. I knew I had been spiritually reborn as I transferred title of my dependable by stodgy 1999 mercedes-benz for my mid-life crisis mobile. My 52 year old physician hands would no longer pilot the solid tank-like ride but would instead grab the reins of a new agile beast.

I strapped in behind the wheel of the monster as it sat in the dealer's garage. Directing the beast to awaken, with a touch of the key, it sprang to life with a controlled low-pitched grumble as I often do on an early saturday morning. I shifted into "D" which stands for get-"D"-heck on the road. Planting my size 12 Nike on the accellerator, I pulled away at what was probably 10 to 12 mph. I couldn't be absolutely certain as I didn't dare break concentration to look down at the speedometer. I kept up this torrid pace for some 20 to 30 feet when I commanded the beast to come to a gradual stop.(I had forgotten to adjust my mirrors.)

Now, some 5 days into this new chapter in my life, I and my new charge have become well acquainted. As a lion-tamer and his performing beast, one i sdirecting the other but neither is in total control. Both have melded to become one, a powerful team. Today, I hit triple figures for the first time (on the odometer--not the spedometer!) To celebrate and express my appreciation for the object of my affection (I mean the car, not my wife) I gave her a good wash and Meguire's wax job. The wax pad applicator stroking---long strokes, forward and back,forward and back,forward and back, slow then faster--was quite sensual in an unusual sort of way. A complete wash and wax job, thoug quite tiring, was a laborof love, and we both finally finished with a last deep breath and parted for the day.