View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
drelliotg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 2010 owner appreciates advice.....

Any advice would be appreciated on the following 4 points:
I have a 2010 challenger SE with sirius radio option and standard 17" rims; all season P215/65/R17 tires..
1-My rear defroster doesn't seem to heat in the uppermost 3 bands (towards the roofline). I spoke with the dealer who states these 3 uppermost bands are from the radio antenna or sirius radio antenna, as both signals do not come in through the rooftop antenna. Is this correct or is a portion of the defroster not working?
2- I need to have better traction in snow conditions of Long Island, New York. What is your opinion on changing to 4 Blizzak W60 (P215/65/R17)tires for the snow season?
3- I have almost 800 miles. Does the group suggest the first oil change at 1000-1500 miles to remove particulates which may come loose from the engine during the break-in period or 6000 miles as in the manual. I'd like to have the car last as long as possible.
4- I'd like to change to Mobil 1 synthetic oil but I read that Dodge doesn't use Mobil 1 synthetic. For oil changes and other routine maintenance, including the required periodic equipment checks as stated in the manual, must I go to the dealer or can I go to my usual trusted mechanic to without voiding the standard warranty? (I did not purchase an extended warranty.)
Thanx