View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM
prealge09
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st ticket in the Challenger

So, I was on my way to class today and decided to grab a quick burger before I got there. Needless to say I was clipped for improper lane usage at an intersection that gave no signs of the right lane turning into a right turn only lane and my destination was just on the other side of the intersection on the right. The ticket was interesting because it was one of those little bike cop printed receipt tickets that stated there was an accident involved there was not, that it happened at 12am instead of 3:45pm, and that it happened on 12/30/1899 that last one had me laughing. I've never had a ticket out here and don't know what's the most effective way to make it go away. Back home I would just mail off the ticket pleading guilty and excepting a 4 hour driver safety class along with a check for 200 and everything would go away with no points on my license. Is there anything like that out here since taking a day off of work to go to court costs me almost 300 before court even begins and they tack on their fees. Can I use any of the completely fictitious information to my advantage like I would have been able to back home? What is the best and most cost effective way to "pay and have it go away" without having to go to court or get any points on my license?