View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:19 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Unfortunately, one of the main reasons most of us purchased our new Challengers, its looks is also what tends to make them “Police Bait”. The freeway on-ramp I use each day after work is nice and long, and I always enter the freeway slightly above the posted speed so that I can choose where I want/need to merge. (Ok, it’s also fun to open it up every so often…but only in the name of safely merging…wink, wink .) **At least I understand the concept of merging…unlike most drivers out there! Anyway, more than once I have had a DPS vehicle come driving up to get a closer look at me as I enter the flow of traffic. They always find me doing the posted speed as I have a habit of scanning the freeway for anything that even remotely looks like a Crown Vic. (Our DPS could save a lot of money and keep most of us from speeding by just buying all senior citizens a new Crown Vic. and having them cruise the interstates.)
I have had my SRT for over a year and have not even been pulled over (nock on wood)…not that I don’t speed, as my Challenger just loves to cruise at 80, and you HAVE to open it up once in awhile to keep the car in tune…I just remember to keep one eye open for the “man” (who is busy trying to protect me from myself).