View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Hoping4aT/A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intakes - Pros & Cons

Thanks for the reply.

You're correct. My airbox is quite a ways up from the road (behind the drivers headlight) so it certainly is quite a bit higher than yours is.

In looking at the image of the CAI, it looks as though there is some sort of 'splash shield' to protect the filter element from any sort of splashing from the front and below. I don't do much serious off-roading, and even so, it's easier to suck air than water, so like you said, the filter would almost have to be completely submerged before there would be an issue. And if I were in water up to the headlights, I'd probably have a few other things to worry about as well![] I'm going to get a K&N (gotta support the sponsors!), and they've been at it for a while, so I'm sure they've taken into account such things.

Did you notice any improvement in either performance and/or mileage when you installed yours, or was the biggest difference in noise? My plan is to drown out the sound with a magnaflow cat-back exhaust.

Thanks again for the reply. I was hoping to get some input from someone with more experience / technical knowledge than me, and you certainly seem to qualify on both counts!