Old 01-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Doozle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Music for the most part is youth driven. For example I grew up in the early to mid 70's. I listened rock, now commonly refered to as "classic rock". Am radio rock, lite rock and of course the standard barriers of classic rock today. My life centered around music. rock concerts, etc. Tell me the name of the group and I can tell you how many times & which tours I saw them. So I obviously like the 70's and I transitioned quite nicely to the 80's as well. But I hit a brick wall musicly speaking when 1990 rolled around. In 1993 a then unknown group bythe name of Nirvana turned my music world upside down. Suddenly heavy metal groups like Van Halen, Def Leppard, Night Ranger, etc became yesterdays news as "slacker rock (alternative) became the new thing musically. The groups started having strange names that I couldn't relate such as Screaming Trees, Smashing Pumpkins, Puddle of Mudd, Hootie & the BlowfisH, etc. I keep hoping a new popular music group will come along that both I and my kids can get into together but it hasn't happened yet. Came close with Coldplay. Thank God for Trance Music, rave's & European dance club mixes. Its faster then jazz and no where near as loud as hip hop & rap. I do weep for the futre generations of music lovers because after experiencing the very best of the 70's & 80's first hand I can honestly say todays kids will never know what its like to truly "R O C K".
To sum up the music you listen to primarily is the music you grew up with. I don't like any of what passes today for rock music. Yes there can be exceptions to the rule on this for me its The Doors 60's band, Jim Morrison, for some reason his music still sounds fresh after all these years. I think its sad what passes for good music today but I'm sure there are some people out there who are still hoping for a "do wop" (Sha Na Na) come back!