Old 01-23-2010, 05:36 PM
tdub2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I can honestly tell you, as a sixteen year old, I completely agree with you guys. Rap and hip hop just don't have the good ol' fashion kick a.. sound that rock does. Of course i grew up in a house where your brother had every Rush CD ever made and the only casette tape that was in the Cuda was a Van Halen tape, it sticks with you. Now, granted i can groove to Hip Hop, cRap and whatnot. It's only good for that. Dancing. I'm just we have bands like Journey and Rush that still tour after all this time. I have a couple Alternative Rock CD's. And that comprises about 10% of my Computers library of anything from Huey Lewis to Van Halen to Joe Satriani. I personally believe that it's all about what you grew up on. Or if you hated your parents. Cause i bet that half the teens out there that listen to Rap hate mom and dad cause their music is "annoying" or "too old". But that's the bias in me talking.

Besides, you can't roll up in a muscle car blastin' Kanye West or what ever crap artist is big nowadays. It's just not right.