Thread: My favorite GM!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tdub2112
The problem with the manual diesel is that my dad thinks that 3/4 ton trucks are a waste. But if Dodge comes out with the light-duty diesel that they said they would, it could be a possibility. Of course, i couldn't get him into a Challenger, so how am i going to get him into a truck?

The Durango, i'm not sure. My sister pulled4.2 CYLINDER out of her butt! The sad thing is, is i believed her for a minute until it registered in my brain what she said.
I'm not going to count on them making a half-ton diesel. Here's a point. How is a 3/4 ton diesel a waste when a Suburban is basically a gas powered 3/4 ton station wagon version of a truck?

It sounds as though she got two engines mixed up. Until about 2000 there was a 5.2L V8 and after that was the 4.7L, there was also a 5.9L in the mix. If it was the 4.7L, then apparently she had really bad luck (frankly no matter what she had that's extremely bad luck and unusual) with what seems to be an overall pretty solid transmission (trust me, a few of our farmers have had them and they have done fine). If it was a 5.2L or 5.9L it was probably the old 46RE which didn't have the best reputation.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts