Thread: Daily driver
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
V8 Lite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RLSH700
V8 Lite, I understand completely. I haven't had the time to post on here like I once was able to due to being so busy with work. The only reason why I'm able to post now is I'm in training and am away from home. Snow tires and traction control has done wonders. BTW, is it an auto or manual?

stevelegel, it sounds like a good new years resolution. Honestly, the truth of the matter is what is the point of having a car if you never get to drive it (especially considering how much those cars cost). Enjoy them is my advice.

jdb840, which engine do you have in your Dakota and how many miles do you have on it? You'll have to forgive me as my memory isn't working right now, but based on the mention of needing a new engine, I take it that you have a classic Challenger. Which engine do you have in that and what engine are you looking to get in replacement?

wp23n, sounds like you don't have to worry about not having a car if one of them is in the shop. ;-) What are you looking at getting to replace the Toyota?

lear4406, why such a practical car for a daily driver? Why not a Ram SRT-10, H1, or Ferrari? ;-) Just kidding, that would be a nice addition to your collection. I can only hope that I'm able to have a collection like that some day. If you get a Viper be sure to post pics of it.
RLSH700, She's a V6 so automatic was the only choice. And because she's an 09 she only gets 4 gears. I'd love to compare it to the 5 speed auto the 10s get to see if that improved performance much. A 6 speed manual would be great for the fun factor but I bet it sucks working the clutch in bumper to bumper traffic.
None of that matters though. I took her for an 800 kilometer blast yesterday and had a ball. The roads were clear, the traffic was light and I opened her to 180 kph a couple times.
It just doesn't get much better.