Thread: Hood pins
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RareTA
Some people that use the real pins will make a bracket that mounts on the inner fender. This moves the pins out to the front of the hood. I've seen them mounted directly to the rad support but they look bad ( to Me ) that far back on the hood.
I too plan on using "real" hood pins at a later date and I will be mounting mine more like the 70 Challenger (closer to the front corner of the hood). I really don't care for hood pins that are mounted farther up the hood as they just don't look right. (If you look at race cars, most have them mounted very close to the edge of the hood). As Canadiancanuck stated, I am going to mount a bracket under the black plastic rad cover to get the placement and look I want.
I just can't get into the look of "fake" hood pins on a muscle car, and when the hood goes up...looks very funny and loses the entire effect.
By the way, in the April 2010 issue of MCG they show real hood pins that Mopar plans on releasing, but they are mounted to far up on the hood. Hopefully, they will change the design and offer them with a bracket for mounting them closer to the front corner of the hood. We'll see......