View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 06:26 PM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit AutoRama

I went to Detroit's Autorama this afternoon. The show was leaner than past. No GM motor sports stuff, but several Camaros and Camaro turned Firebirds on the floor. Ford had huge, busy, energetic motor sports trailer with several cars (old muscle and new fuel technology). Mopar Performance had its trailer, the 1320 and the Mopar option pack, and a classic Cuda on a trailer. WAY, I mean WAY in the back along the back wall...no action. The guys for the performance side could not be bothered to talk car stuff, or what Mopar performance could do for an owner. No handouts, like a photo or poster of the 1320. The trailer is a mobile souvineer shop, staffed by two women. One grumpily showed me a Challenger key ring, so I passed at shopping there. When I came back a sceond time the other woman helped me with far more enthusiasm...still 20 bucks for a T shirt and no freebies or promotions. Never the less, under the marketing umbrella....maybe personality upgrade is in order, maybe better definition of why they are there anyway...

The Mopar Option Pack is red, with black Matte hood black out, with cut out Mopar Logo (rounded M) and the word Mopar cut out of the black matte, along the flat of the hood scoop with no 5.7 or 6.1 engine designation. Photo here.

No other new Challengers on the floor. Last year there were several with various performance upgrades, vertical doors and custom paint.

I did well at the toy and diecast sales area, adding many to my collection.

Despite the snow, always a good way to spend an afternoon
Attached Images