Thread: Hood Pins
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
canadiancanuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good RARE, I knwo you and I have had discussions and been back and forth on the real vs fake debate.

I think to everyone looking at this mod, to go either way depends on your comfort level. I mean if you go with real pins, you drill out your hood, and let's say for arguments sake, you go to a CF or T/A hood, you now have a stock hood that is drilled out, which inturn now limits who will buy your hood. I opted to leave my stock one alone so I could sell it.

Advantage of stick on are 2 fold. if you don't plan on holding onto the car in the future, you can easily remove the stick on style hood pins and bam you'll never know thay were there, thus keeping value in the car.

If you opt for the real pins, well either better be in it for the long haul, and in the point of view of a dealership you risk taking a bit of a ding when resale comes around as you've now altered the car and the next buyer may not like that look.

Real pins do reqire extra costs with body work, drilling holes and well I like the real retro look, and some may not. I have the T/A hood, yes $1500 shelled out and some may think drilling holes will devalue it, however to a true (and I'm not saying anyone isn't) oldschool Challenger enthusiast will appreciate the realness of the pins.

fake or real well that is right up their with turbo vs S/C it's all on comfort and the future outcome.

either way the car still looks sexy as hell with the pins real or fake!!!

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 03-23-2010 at 01:43 PM.