Thread: Hood Pins
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, I have to respectfully disagree with the orientation of the hood pins as all the "original" performance Mopars I have seen throughout the years have the pin entering from the front. If you think about the reasoning behind hood pins and their use in auto racing, this makes the most sense as they are in place to be removed quickly. This means that a pit member could pull the pin towards himself…not to the side which would be both harder and more time consuming. Not saying there are not “restored” Mopars out there with hood pins entering from the side, just saying that’s not how the factory did it. All of my performance Mopars in the pass have had the pins entering from the front. I have a set of original NOS hood pins still in the box and I am looking for them (somewhere in the dark hole known as the garage) as the installation instructions clearly show the pin entering from the front. If you do a search on any 1969-1970 model RT (Charger or Challenger) you will see the pins entering from the front.
I really don’t want to make a big deal out of this as an owner can do whatever and however he or she wants to mod their vehicle…just trying to keep the record straight regarding vehicles that had hood pins as an original option from the factory.
Attached Images   

Last edited by BLK 6050; 03-24-2010 at 06:16 AM.