View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 03:28 AM
stevelegel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Woodward Update

Bringing thread back to top of current topics.

I really appreciate Bill's work in organizing a parking area for us. He is working to secure an area near the Dodge Exhibit. and he's looking to help defray the cost. I'm committed to take ADVANTAGE of this and help pay the rent.

Bill has set up a detailed information in the MIDWEST regional section.

He's right...Woodward is NOT a Dairy Queen Cruise night. The event builds all week long, hotel reservations are stacked up a year in advance, parking is restricted and generally expensive. The Cruise is not really in Detroit proper, or any place of "danger".

Bill has worked out a swell itineray of safe secure place to stay, easy place to meet (his dealership) and some especially good activities.

I really applaude his idea to try get Challenger together to do at least a little cruising as a group, and show spirit. There is a group of Yellow Cobra Mustangs that cruises Woodward each year...they make quite a splash.

For the convenience of Bill and I, please send us a PM letting us know your interest...and several of you have...eventually we can get cell numbers and emails and hammer down when and where to meet and any shared costs (security at hotel, Woodward parking)

1.75 million people, 40,000 cars...Woodward Dream Cruise. Bill and I have done this event for years and know the ins and outs...come have a good time with us.

Bill's well orchestrated game plan includes
Thursday Aug 19 meet at his dealership north of Detroit, see Walter P Chrysler Mueseum and then cruise Woodward

Friday Aug 20 Meet for brunch, early cruise and picnic before Friday Night traffic boils over

Sat Aug 21 Meet at reserved (in and out for cruising) parking near Dodge Exhibit, at epicenter of Cruise action
Steve Legel