Thread: Year and a half
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:48 AM
mss3dodge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm With You!

We sound a lot alike folks! I didn't turn 16 until 1979, by that time all of the muscle cars had been "pruned" and at that time I still couldn't afford a good used one. In the 80s' I really wanted a Monte Carlo SS or a Buick Grand National, but alas I couldn't justify spending that kind of money back then when I could get a zippy 1987 V6 Grand Am for $3000 less (loved that car - oh the stories). As life/career improved the old muscle cars became more scarce and the new ones weren't true muscle anymore. Then in 2003, I had a chance to buy a beautiful 1984 Monte Carlo SS with only 21,000 orig. miles. I bought it, loved it and cherished it for about 2 years. However, it just never had the "zip" I wanted (slamming me into the seat like friends old, original muscle cars). I was going to trade it on a custom-ordered Ford Mustang (newer style), but the Ford Dealership was crooked, Ford itself snubbed me when I contacted them about the dealer - so I took my car (told Ford to shove it in several letters) and traded it with my old truck for a new Dodge Ram. That's when my sales guy told me the Challenger was probably going to be brought back (that was summer 2005). I patiently waited, and when the announcement came, I made sure to be on the early order list at the dealership (#2 in line). It was nice having the time to save money in preparation, but the wait was hard. I don't regret it and everytime I get behind the wheel, I feel young and rowdy again! And I get slammed into the seat when you step on the gas! It doesn't get old!