Thread: Chrome Bumpers
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM
BLK 6050

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's to bad about the Englishtown show. We had a local show in Northern Arizona (Prescott) over the past weekend and had over 105 cars on hand. It was a judged show (I won first place in the SRT class)....and yes, I feel that peoples choice is lame and doesn't mean a whole lot in my mind for the very reason you pointed out. We had about 8 new Challengers, a couple of Magnums, (funny...no new Chargers, go figure), even had three Crossfires. The rest of the field had Mopars that ranged from the 1930's to present with a very good turnout of 60's and 70's muscle cars.
As a side note, our club (Mopars Unlimited of Arizona) has been using "Professional judges" to judge the "Mopars in the Fall Show in Phoenix".....just so that "everyone" is judged fairly by points with no undue favoritism towards club members since we host the event. (It means that we have "ties" but it's still the fairist way to do judging). And, everyone is happy because it's all based on your car....not who you know!

I have talked with the people at Retro USA and they seem really nice......I told them that until they can get some product displayed at shows, many owners will be on the fence regarding their product.........they are working on this issue.