View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 04:13 PM
tdub2112

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

So, summer's rolling around and it looks like I'll finally have some time in my flippin' schedule to take my driving test. And so, my dad is looking for a car.

Now, he want's a 4th Gen Mustang, because they get relatively good mileage, have desent performance and a fairly reliable.

Then there's me. As I strongly dislike Ford, I want something else. It needs to be automatic, get good mileage and i need to find one that is nearly immaculate (dad's picky) for $3K and under.

So, I go out and do some searchin and find my car. A 1997 Grand Prix GTP for 3 grand. red, all the bells and whistles. And it's a beautiful red.

Plus, my mom has insisted that i drive front wheel drive. She thinks that I'm going to wreck a rear wheel on slick roads and kill myself, or something like that. So, by Mom Law, that rules a Mustang out.

So, down to my non-rambling stuff. Have any of you had experiences with a GTP, cousin, friend co-worker, whatever! I have heard that they like to leak coolant from melted intake gaskets at what seems to be about 60-70K miles.

Any praise or horror-stories are welcome.