View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 AM
dragontamer63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love that "new car smell"

Greetings one and all from North Florida !

It's taken 48 years but, as of yesterday afternoon, I'm finally behind the wheel of my very own Challenger R/T ! I'm not sure when I fell in love with the car, it was either after watching Barry "Kowalski" Newman driving that white Challenger across the big screen in the late 70's (At a theater that specialized in running classic cult movies), or my first ride in my best friend's 70 R/T in high school. Alas, I never had the means to get my own 70 Challenger but after many years of hardwork and patience there is now a beautiful 2010 Torred red R/T parked in my driveway and it's all mine !
I told myself many times that I would never pay more than $10,000 for a vehicle but after popping in to the local Dodge dealership "Just to take a look", I shook off the sticker shock and signed the papers. I might have walked away if it weren't for the salesman , in a very low key manner I might add, suggesting I take a test drive "Just for kicks" as he put it. That's all it took! In hind sight I'm convinced that salesman's casual, low key manner was no act. He knew that car would sell itself. I almost feel guilty about pawning off two "boat anchors" as trade-ins but I ain't givin my new car back.
On a meanial firefighters salary my resources are limited so there won't be many mods in my future but the car is simply fantastic as is. Dodge was offering $2000 worth of upgrades/options for free so I opted for a mix of cosmetics and performance. I chose the Classic R/T side body graphics for asthetics and a handling package (sway bars, strut post etc) plus a "cold air" kit for performance. The car's handling is sweet right now, I can't wait to feel how it handles with the upgrades.
Ok I've prattled on enough for a simple introduction but this is a true "milestone" in my life so hopefully the other Challenger lovers here will understand and be forgiving. I look forward to reading the many posts here and learning more about what I'm sure will be another "classic" just like it's predecessor.
Regards to all, Pat