Thread: 340 T/A vs. SRT
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM
HEMIKID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool video and a fun read. However, not really a good comparison. I'd rather see a '70 Hemi Challenger vs. the 2010 SRT8. From what I've heard, the '70 beats the SRT8, but not by much.

I have a '72 Cuda 340 I restored a while back. My changes to the engine included a CR boost from 8.5:1 up to 10:1, a mild competition cam, performance intake, Edlebrock carb, bigger valves to match the stock valve sizes of the '70 Cuda 340, and headers in place of the stock manifolds. The throttle response of my 340 is incredible. At just about any speed/RPM, a quick punch on the accelerator results in the car jerking forward even at highway speeds. My 2010 SRT8 won't do that until the RPMs are "up."

I took the sales manager of my local Dodge dealer for a ride in my Cuda and scared him half to death. He's convinced it will "take" my 2010 SRT8. I'm not so sure though. When I turn that Hemi loose, it's like being on a rocket.

Still, a little friendly competition between my two "pissed-off" looking muscle cars would be fun. If only I could be the driver of both at the same time.

BTW, they're both purple, and defintely badass...