Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 Will Have 480-hp 6.4-Liter Hemi

Here are the latest articles.

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 Will Have 480-hp 6.4-Liter Hemi

Jun 25th, 2010 by DHightower

The 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 will be upgraded with a larger 6.4-liter Hemi V8 engine that makes 480-hp. That’s a huge jump over the current model’s 425-hp. The 2011 Challenger SRT-8 will be the first of Dodge’s vehicles to use the larger Hemi, but expect the engine to make it’s way to the Charger and Ram before long.
The 2011 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 will look very similar to this 2010 model.

The 6.4-liter Hemi V8 destined for the 2011 Challenger will use cylinder deactivation to save fuel for those times when you don’t need all 480 horses, according to Allpar via Left Lane News.
All Challenger models will be refreshed for 2011, but the changes to the lower models are less exciting than the new Hemi. The styling of the 2011 Challenger will be almost identical to the 2010 model on the outside. The only planned changes are the loss of Dodge’s Ram badge and some minor alterations to the front grill.
2011 Dodge Challenger SE models will receive a brand new V6 engine, which will make about 290-hp and should help the base model Challenger compete with the V6-powered Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro.
The 2011 Challenger’s interior should be significantly upgraded, with a new navigation system and upgraded dashboard materials.

2011 Dodge Challenger will come with new improvements

news
Posted on 06.25.2010 20:00

With the new Camaro and Mustang improving all the time, it’s no wonder that Dodge tries to keep up. However, lets face it, the current and forever on-going muscle car war is pretty between Chevrolet and Ford. But what about the Challenger? Revealed at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, the Challenger created quite a fiery sensation, but then fizzed out. Now it appears that Dodge is stirring the remaining embers to get consumers to remember that they too have a muscle car in their line-up.
For 2011 model year, the Challenger will get a long list of improvements, including more powerful engines. Don’t get to excited, though, the exterior look will remain the same except for the lower opening that was flipped upside down and made taller. The interior will receive major updates. Dodge is putting in a new Garmin navigation system and will be improving the dashboard. They will also offer high quality materials.
As for the engines, the SE version will get a Pentastar V6 engine. with an output between 290 and 300 HP, if the direct injection is added. For the RT version the engine will remain the same. The biggest change will be made for the SRT8 version that will get a new 6.4-liter Hemi engine delivering 480 HP and 460 lb-ft of torque. This engine will feature cylinder deactivation, helping real world gas mileage.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Last edited by Jeremiah 29:11; 06-26-2010 at 01:12 PM.