View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Jeremiah 29:11
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

• July 7, 2010, 10:00 AM ET
Chrysler to Sell Special-Edition Mopar Dodge Challengers

Iconix Inc. The Mopar ‘10 Challenger.
DETROIT–Chrysler Group LLC will sell 500 special-edition Mopar Dodge Challengers tricked out with everything from customized leather-wrapped steering wheels to 20-inch black wheels in the auto maker’s biggest step yet to promote its part and accessories unit.
The Mopar Challenger, due to arrive in showrooms next month, will retail for $38,000 for an automatic transmission and $39,000 for a manual transmission, the company said Wednesday. This is the first time Chrysler has ever introduced a Mopar version of one of its vehicles. It will be available in the U.S. and Canada.
The vehicle will come with a 5.7-liter V8 Hemi engine and be available only in black with a choice of three accent colors: Mopar blue, red or silver. There will be stitching on the steering wheel and seats. A special Mopar 2010 cover will also come with the vehicle.
“We wanted the vehicle to come in one color only,” Dodge brand Chief Executive Ralph Gilles said in a Web chat. “The vehicle looks absolutely sinister in black. The triple black look is really cool right now and pops the Mopar stripe the best.”
Gilles believes auto makers can generate new sales by tweaking current vehicles. This is also the first time Chrysler has made such a dramatic step in advertising Mopar as it moves to stir both consumer and enthusiast interest in ordering more accessories to customize their Chrysler vehicles. Mopar sells a variety of parts and accessories for Chrysler cars and pickup trucks.
Every customer who purchases the Mopar Challenger will receive an owners kit that includes a certificate with the vehicle identification number, date of build completion, and build number. The also includes a limited-edition sketch of the vehicle signed by Chrysler Group design chief Mark Trostle, a book that highlights the special vehicle build, and Mopar merchandise.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries for Ram, Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles.
The vehicle will be built at the auto maker’s Brampton, Ontario plant. Production will be limited to 500. Chrysler expects 80% of customers to buy automatic and 20% manual. The auto maker may also offer Mopar versions of its other vehicles.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.