Old 10-26-2006, 10:49 PM
RLSH700
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heavier drivers seen using more gasoline

It isn't the weight that makes them use more fuel, it is the increase use of driving over walking that causes them to weigh more. It is likely a case that people who weigh more are lazier and are more likely to drive then people who have motivation to walk. They have a weight problems because they don't have enough self-restraint to quit eating and might also lack the self-restraint to not drive when they don't need to. (No offense to the over weight of course)

I was amazed one time when a cousin of mine, who came by earilier to borrow my computer, offered me a ride back from the parking lot which is about 200 yards from my dorm hall. I walk around 4-6 miles a night around campus, walking 200 yards is nothing. How lazy are we getting when people actually think we need a ride for a 200 yard distance.

In fairness though not all people who are over weight can help it. I have relatives who do more exercise in one day than I do in a week and they weigh a lot more than I do and we have similar eating habits.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts