Old 09-16-2010, 05:15 AM
pdstevens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car had 2,000 miles on it when I purchased it from Bob Frensley Dodge. The only reason a bought this slightly used car was because it was loaded with after market features such as, cold in-take, racing chip, tinted windows, 22" KMC wheels with 35's Hankook tires, headers, and stainless cat-back exhaust. However, as this car sat, it would not pass emissions because it lacked catalytic converters, which is illegal for any dealership to sell as such, according to Federal law. I brought this up, wanting them to install the racing converters, which cost nearly $600. They did want to do that, but said they would re-install the factory exhaust in order to pass Marta(emissions) and give the the racing exhaust to me to take also as it was on the car at purchase. Knowing the hardship that dealers have been through, I agreed in order to save them the expense of the purchase, and we proceeded with the paperwork. They said the car would be ready in a few days. However, when I picked the car up it had only the factory exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters on it with nothing but 2 1/2" straight pipes from there to the rear bumper; no mufflers or resonators. And the car comes with 3" exhaust to begin with. Although I received the headers, the cat-back exhaust was missing. The service manager tried to tell me the cat-back exhaust was on the car, the sales manager tried to tell me that this was the factory exhaust, and when I demanded my trade-in back for the deal was off, they refused saying that the paper work had already been done and filed, and this was a done deal. As this is the third new Dodge I have purchased in the past six years from various dealers, I was completely and utterly shocked by their unethical behavior and unprofessional-ism. I have never been so mistreated in all my life. They lied about everything!! I have filed police proceedings, BBB report, contacted the state attorney general, and Chrysler Corporation, but am getting stone walled with no results. I just want the stolen exhaust replaced, but the general manager refuses to even talk to me about this. I would advise everyone to shop any other Dodge dealership than this Bob Frensley Dodge in Madison, Tn., for there are many honest dealerships out there, this just IS NOT one of them. Save yourself the anguish and embarrassment.